We are six days into summer! Summer is the time for vacations, extended weekends and trips to the ice cream parlor. But summer is also the time to feed your brain and spark creativity with a good book. I asked for recommendations from my friends for books they were either currently reading or will be reading this summer. This list has everything from non-fiction to business to self-help to romance.
- From Panic to Empowerment Series by Dr. Stephanie Reid (Recommended by Karla Wynn Diouf)
- 5 Steps to Rapid Employment by Jay Block (Recommended by Karla Wynn Diouf)
- Failing Forward by John C. Maxwell (Recommended by Karla Wynn Diouf)
- Women Who Run with the Wolves by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Recommended by Karla Wynn Diouf)
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones (Recommended by Michelle W. Russell)
- Chasing Waterfalls by Takoma Washington (Recommended by James Lewis)
- The Art of Asking: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help by Amanda Palmer and Brené Brown (Recommended by Debbie Shaffer)
- Impact! What Every Woman Needs to Know to Go From Invisible to Invincible by Nancy D. Solomon (Recommended by Debbie Shaffer)
A few weeks ago I did an FB Live where I shared three of the books that I will be reading over the summer by Shawn Achor. I read one over the weekend and WOW! I can’t wait to get to the other two books. I’m intrigued by positive psychology and Shawn Achor has a style of writing that is not only humorous, it is backed by scientific research.
- The Happiness Advantage: How a Positive Brain Fuels Success in Work and Life by Shawn Achor
- Before Happiness: The 5 Hidden Keys to Achieving Success, Spreading Happiness, and Sustaining Positive Change by Shawn Achor
- Big Potential: How Transforming the Pursuit of Success Raises Our Achievement, Happiness, and Well-Being by Shawn Achor
What books are you reading this summer? Share them in the comments below.