What does Apple, Google, Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, FedEx, Southwest Airlines. General Electric and Microsoft all have in common? Amazing brand recognition. So how you boost your personal brand? It’s not as hard as you think.
- Create your own personal website or landing page. Believe me, this is not as hard as it may sound. In many cases it can be done for free or very little cost. For as little as $10 per month, you can create a site without knowing any coding language. Having a personal website will allow you to have a space put up a virtual resume and any project samples that showcase your skills.
- Create slide share presentations. SlideShare is a great way to put up content about your area of expertise. If you are not familiar with Slide Share, take a look at what other people have shared. Some of the best presentations have very little copy and more images to convey the message.
- Create a YouTube video channel. If you have a smartphone, you have the capability to record a video. YouTube has an editing section is easy to use once you spend some time learning the different tools available. With one video you can introduce yourself, your knowledge, personality, and creativity all in one place.
- Complete your entire LinkedIn profile. If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, you are doing yourself a disservice. HR reps around the world are viewing LinkedIn profiles. A well-done profile is almost a prescreening process for jobs and even promotions. Business owners use LinkedIn to decide if they should do business with you. Much like a personal website or landing page, LinkedIn allows you to showcase your body of work and the steps you have taken to get to where you are at in your career.
- Start a blog. You can use sites like Tumblr, Blogger, and WordPress to create a free blog page. Your topic can be on anything that you enjoy and you can choose to write commentary, give advice or just show images. It’s your blog, you can do whatever your want….as long as it strengthens your brand.
Do you have any tips for personal branding? Share them below in the comments.