I don’t believe in making new year resolutions. My birthday starts my new year and use that day to reflect the past year. I think about my successes, my failures/lessons and unexplained blessings. It’s the beginning of promises that I make to myself. Some of them have been very simple like drink more water everyday to the complex like learn to acknowledge my emotions without being controlled by them. Here are the top 10 lessons I’ve learned in my 43rd year:
- It’s okay to say no. (Repeated lesson…with daily reminders.)
- The little birdie has yet to be wrong about anything. (Absolutely nothing.)
- Creativity requires time and space to breathe and expand in as many different formats as possible. (Stop limiting yourself.)
- Work Your Package is a movement and it’s not all about me. I’m the facilitator and catalyst of change…and I’m okay with that. (Collaboration with others who are just as passion about helping others is awesome.)
- Dimming my light for fear that I might outshine others is no longer an option. (It’s like slapping your blessings in the face. SHINE ON!)
- Recharging and taking time for yourself is a mandatory requirement. (You can’t give to others when you are depleted.)
- Seeing other people succeed makes me happy. (Like seriously outrageously happy.)
- The act of helping others achieve their goals eliminates the amount of space in my head available for worry or doubt. (See #7. If I’m helping, I don’t have time to worry.)
- Luck doesn’t present itself to those who don’t seek opportunity. (If you are waiting for luck, you will be waiting a long time. Make your own luck.)
- No matter how many times and how many ways someone tries to sabotage you, stay focused on your goal. (Stay in YOUR lane…there’s no traffic or speed limit.)
Of course there are many other lessons, but do you really want to see a list of 43 things? Probably not. My hope is that you will see the fruits of my lessons in my 44th year. There are some big things coming up like my novel (finally), a second “Work Your Package” book (the first is available on Amazon) and the 3rd annual Work Your Package Women’s Conference 2016, a weekend long event. My 44th year will be epic!
What lessons have you learned this year? How will those lessons help you achieve your goals next year?
Psst! Registration is open for the Work Your Package Women’s Conference 2016!
1 thought on “It’s My Birthday!”
Happy Birthday Ayanna! Enjoy your very special day!